Posted by Stephanie A. Smith, Ph.D., on Wed, Oct 30, 2013 @ 10:00 AM
Fall is my favorite season, and in particular Fall 2013 will be an opportunity for Beagle to mingle with some other hounds! That’s because I’m heading out of the office at least 5 times this Fall for conferences where Beagle will exhibit, try to sell our wares, give talks, serve on panels, or just hang out! It really is a debut season for us, and we are so excited about sharing some new product concepts (more on that in future blogs), talking to young people about careers in science, and meeting new customers and collaborators. Hopefully, some readers will look me up at one of the following events:
- October 27th-31st: Beagle will attend and exhibit at the 7th Symposium on Harmful Algae in the U.S. in Sarasota, FL.
- November 4th-5th: Beagle will attend the 2013 BioOhio Annual Conference to network with other bioscience industry professionals and entrepreneurs.
- November 12th: At the Columbus chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, I will serve as a panelist to discuss alternative careers that young women might consider with their newly attained science degrees.
- November 13th-14th: Beagle will attend and exhibit at the 42nd Annual WMAO Conference, with the Ohio Lake Management Society. In fact, I will be giving a talk at this one entitled “Pond Scum to Products: An Example of Public/Private Collaboration in Response to Harmful Algal Blooms.”
- November 17th-21st: Beagle will attend and exhibit at the 34th annual meeting of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry in Nashville.
Looks like Beagle will have a lot to be thankful for by the time Thanksgiving arrives!